Wednesday 22 July 2009

Double-Headers

Wednesday 22 July 2009
Today I went to the Jamestown Jammers and Staten Island Yankees double-header, and it was pretty epic, especially so because Jamestown WON one game! (for those of you that do not follow NY-Penn minor-league baseball--shame on you!--the Jammers are in 2nd to last place.) They almost came back and won the second game too--they had an impressive rally in the 6th. Seriously, they played better than I've ever seen them play at home. And basically the whole team was rockin' impressive mustaches.

I was conflicted about this game since I wasn't sure who to cheer for--I am a Jammers fan by birth location, but didn't want to get beaten up by a bunch of die-hard Yankees. Since I have no particular allegiance to the Yankees, I didn't feel too guilty cheering against them, though. We were basically sitting in the Yankees bullpen (see above picture), which was fun. I also approve of any ballpark with such a stellar view!

2 comments:

Sweet Melissa said...

I particularly enjoyed when I realized that I was 15 years older than most of the players... puts a cramp in your "hot ballplayer" notions when you realize they are younger than your youngest brother. Gross!

Marth said...

We went to a Jammers game last night in Jamestown. Unfortunately they lost. However, it was great fun to see the ballpark crew deal with a "rain delay", which we had never witnessed. They covered the infield, then uncovered it when it stopped raining and brought out bags of "Quick Dry" and saturated the dirt areas and re-raked all of it. We gave them a big cheer when they were done.
We won a prize, too! Our program was stamped on the local "Yankee Productions" ad, so we won 2 tickets to any show this fall at the Reg Lenna. I am thinking of going to the Fleetwood Mac Tribute in September. AND we have a free game of bowling for up to 6 people...AND we had great hot dogs and snacks. What could be better???

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.