Saturday 27 March 2010

Lights, Camera, Action

Saturday 27 March 2010
So it is Saturday and my cousin and I went to the American Folk Art Museum (which was SO COOL, I highly recommend) and then went and got seriously good sandwiches at a place in Hells Kitchen (her: really fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, olive oil; me: Gruyere, apples, pine nuts, asparagus, and a little honey.) But the REAL excitement happened only a few blocks from the apartment when we were walking back from the train.

A woman popped in front of us and said, "hey, would you two like to be in a commercial?" And since our judgment was impaired by the massive sandwiches we just consumed, we said ok. It was some commercial (details were vague) about the Superbowl and an ad agency, where they were asking people on the street, "what is your favorite part about the Superbowl?" and the pedestrians would say, "the commercials." So that is what we did. Well, Melis said, "the commercials" and then I had to look at her and agree, "yes, definitely the commercials." The irony of this is that she mutes the commercials in the Superbowl and I don't really pay attention to the Superbowl because I'm usually knitting during it.

But anyway, it was hilarious. We had to do about 10 takes because of traffic and people randomly walking by, and the guy holding the microphone to ask us the questions was SO WEIRD and had beady eyes. There was a director and two camera dudes and everything. And it was right by our firehouse, so I'm just really glad none of them were out there, or we'd never live it down. I looked like a total rockstar in an "Ithaca is gorges" shirt, corduroy jacket, yellow scarf, and shades. I am also fairly dubious that this will ever, ever make it on air, which would be just fine with me. However, we did sign a waiver, so if it does make it to air, I will know. And I may or may not be sharing that with all of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.