Monday 23 November 2009

The Usual

Monday 23 November 2009
I love brunch. Who doesn't? (well, I guess people who don't like eggs. But those people are probably sad all the time.) And I am a BIG fan of dive-y diners, chipped cups and all, although I draw the line at lipstick-on-a-mug. We went in search of brunch on Sunday, and walked by The Usual on Vanderbilt Ave and it looked cool, so in we went. And cool it was! It's a cash-only place and one of the walls is brick; the omelets were on the table in 5 minutes, and came with toast and heaps of home fries, and you could tell it really was "the usual" hangout spot for a lot of the patrons, which is always a good sign. Not to mention the music selection was solid--"Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" to "Ob la di, ob la da," to "Light my Fire." It also had a nice Water St Cafe vibe to it.

In other news, it is 12:37 and I can't seem to fall asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.