Sunday 8 November 2009

Here Comes the Sun!

Sunday 8 November 2009
Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.
--Love Actually aka the Best Movie of All Time (which seemed appropriate because I've spent a lot of time in Penn Station the past few days)

I had a wonderful weekend, as two of my friends visited.* And what did we do? We got treated to brunch by my magnanimous cousin, we hung out in Brooklyn Heights and saw the skyline, we walked from Brighton Beach to Coney Island while the sun got larger and oranger and began to set, we got spicy hot chocolate at Joyce's Bakeshop, they got to see my "hotspots": Prospect Park, the Public Library, the Brooklyn Museum, Eastern Parkway, and the apartment, of course. One went back sooner than the other, so two of us went to the wine bar up the street last night and heard some live jazz music and then went to the raver at the Museum's First Saturday party, and then got bagels this morning. There was a lot of people watching to be had.

I miss them already already already and really need to get dressed for work (who goes into work at 5 pm. C'mon now.) But it was a lovely time. I mean this: visitors ALWAYS welcome!

And the title of this post refers to the fact that it is GLORIOUS out. Enjoy it while it lasts!

*HI GUYS!! LR if you send me that pic, I will put it up here...it's not TWIP, but it'll do. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.