Wednesday 25 November 2009

Giving Thanks

Wednesday 25 November 2009

I thought this wall-advertisement was appropriate for all you turkey eaters out there...I passed it on my walk to Target this morning, and fortunately had my camera with me. (and if you think that I don't crack up every time I see this sign, then you don't know me very well.) The craziest part about the building is that it stands alone in the midst of browning grass and barbed wire, as you can see:

I am closing at the bookstore tonight (blerg) and taking an early train up to my aunt's tomorrow for 3 WHOLE DAYS OFF. And I'm really, really excited to see my family, eat myself into a stupor, and play a myriad of board games. Perhaps I will even post some gratuitously cute pix of my little cousins on here. I am hoping the "fresh country air" will knock out whatever NYC pathogens have taken my lungs hostage (I have never had asthma or allergies, but in the last two days breathing has become a bit of a bugger, to be honest, and I'm not sure why.)

I hope you all have a wonderful family and friend filled day tomorrow. Drive safe. And right now I am thankful for huge William Smith sweatshirts, bagels with scallion cream cheese, the fact that I *don't* have to work on Black Friday, and all of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.