Friday 13 November 2009

Procrastination

Friday 13 November 2009


Today, I: made tea, emailed some people, went for a long walk to get tea, realized the walk was longer than I thought and took the bus home, made a veggieburger, ate a veggieburger, watched 2 episodes of "The West Wing," cleaned the bathtub, tried unsuccessfully to take a nap, and read a book. Basically, everything other than write my grad school essays. Clearly, procrastination has not left me post-graduation. And it doesn't help that I feel like a total twit whenever I have to write about myself, and I would rather do almost anything else, and so I just have 2 sentences to show for my entire day.

So, here we are, and I know what I need to do tonight, and am kind of dreading it. But I thought I would put up a picture that totally cracks me up--I took this a few weeks ago on the ferry from Manhattan to Governor's Island (I just realized I still need to write about that, whoops!) The old ship was here for the Henry Hudson 400th anniversary celebration, and it looks like it's about to do battle with the Staten Island ferry. It looks like I photoshopped it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So sorry you inherited the "procrastination gene".
I like to think that deadlines can trigger genius. So, good luck channeling the genius that you are!

Anna Wager said...

aw, thanks mom. :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.