Saturday 12 June 2010

Negligent Blogger Apologies

Saturday 12 June 2010
It's been awhile since I've written, and it's not because nothing is happening, but because things are happening too fast. I leave Brooklyn in 6ish weeks, which is exciting because I'm on to other things, but so sad because I feel like I just got here and I love it here and there is so much more that I want to see. And I'm working full time and it's nice out so I haven't been on the computer as much.

But! It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll get back in the writing groove soon enough. What have I been up to, you may ask? Well, quite a few sporting events (which is WEIRD, for me) and random encounters in parks with strange and interesting people. I've consumed a lot of bagels and finished quite a few crossword puzzles--not the NYTimes, mind, but I have to start somewhere. Today I made my first attempt at gluten-free cookies (they're good too, I'm eating one now) and then went to watch the US-England World Cup match in Manhattan. After that I met a friend and her parents for drinks and dinner, at a really good Spanish restaurant whose name I never learned. I got Paella Valenciana which is something that I've never had but always wanted to. I brought home a lot of it. That chorizo is good stuff!!! The Spanish white wine was good too, but I have no idea the name of that either. I'd be a terrible restaurant critic, eh? (although I could find the place again, so I suppose I could figure out the name.)

So things are good, I promise. More to follow, very very soon. And until we next talk--be well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.